Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an established business group that deals in printing. The printing solutions include industrial and commercial printing which includes printing of labels and packaging with HP Indigo 6800 and printing of photo specialty, marketing collaterals, and publishing using HP Indigo 5600.
Job Summary: The Purchasing Assistant will mainly ensure that purchases of materials, supply of services is initiated and delivered in a timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select vendors, place orders, and ensure service contracts/SLAs are in place.
- Follow-up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on due dates.
- Maintain records and follow up files of purchases, shipments, and related matters.
- Maintain files of descriptions and quantity of available supplies.
- The incumbent will inspect products received for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Initiates all purchase requisitions/ LPOs and ensure that payments are released by accounts department after approvals.
- Blacklist suppliers whose goods did not meet the standards or have been defaulters on record.
Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare and update prequalified vendor or
Executed orders after approval
- Complete documentation
- Generate inspection of goods and products.
- Prepare reports and submit them
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Purchasing Assistant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the same role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literacy skills i.e. MS Office proficiency
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline