Job Title: Officer, IT Business Online
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 17744
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer, IT Business Online will offer support to the bank’s electronic products and services through development, testing and deployment of the products, easing the process of banking thus improving on the overall performance using the available technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain optimum system uptime figures for Electronic Banking systems including Business Online, EE and other CIB systems
- Offers prompt, efficient, quality service to end-users;
- Provides prompt and professional support for Electronic Banking systems including Business Online, EE and other CIB systems.
- Enhance his understanding of all electronic banking systems and related applications on a day-to-day basis through practice and self-driven learning;
- Acts to minimize operating costs by resolving all possible Payments system faults locally (in-house) without need for escalation to Group IT;
- Minimizes expenses of the department through disciplined and efficient use of Bank facilities such as Telephones;
- Test and implement all electronic banking payment systems implementation requests;
- Adheres to bank Group IT standards and procedures in performing duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer, IT Business Online career vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related discipline.
- One year of experience in an IT environment, experience in System administration would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of any Customer Facing channels/Application would be of advantage
- UNIX and SQL or other Database management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer focus and service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (across the business)
- Creative, analytical with good problem solving skills
- Self-driven, values based, innovative, and results orientated person
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline