Job Title: IT Officer
Organisation: Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior IT Officer
Ref: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.5 [01/16]
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all Public offices or bodies and/or organization established by an Act of Parliament.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The IT Officer will offer technical support to telephone and email requests for staff
- In charge of deploying laptops, PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- Responsible for installing and configuring operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Senior IT Officer.
- Installing and configuring software to agreed standards under the direction of "the Senior IT Officer.
- Maintaining the existing computers and peripherals to standards determined by the Senior IT Officer, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assisting in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software. Providing at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to all staff.
- Undertaking such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility as may be assigned by the Senior IT Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the IT Officer job vacancy should be a Ugandan who holds a Bachelor’s Degree in either computer science/Engineering or Information Technology Or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
- Professional IT certifications i.e. Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Certified MCITP qualifications and CISCO training will be an added advantage.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications including;
- Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above
- Certified copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names of three (3) referees and their contacts
- A recent passport size photograph
The complete applications should be submitted with an application form, which can be obtained from OAG registry, Audit House
NB: The complete applications through Post Office should be by registered mail. Applications received shall be acknowledged by the office. All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Departments
The complete applications must be addressed to:
The Auditor General Audit House
Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road P.O. Box 7083,
Deadline: 13th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline