Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Organization: FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor
About FINCA Uganda:
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) is a subsidiary of FINCA International that is based in Washington DC, USA serving nearly two million clients in 23 countries across 5 continents. FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) was the first licensed micro finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Officer performs the specific audit procedures that include testing, evaluation and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The auditor officer shall participate in audit planning, execution and reporting of findings as well as follow up to ensure audit recommendations, management corrective action plans, Board of directors’ remarks and resolutions are correctly implemented.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct affiliate audit work plans.
- Assure that referral of matters and issues which arise from observations are follow up according to the Audit Protocols on a timely basis
- For each audit performed the auditor will agree with managers or other audited parties the standards that will be used.
- The jobholder will implement monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance
- Ensure of audit practices in accordance with policy of Subsidiary Audit Committee and Global Audit Office.
- Take part in emergency reviews and investigations in accordance with the Global Audit guidelines.
- Follow-up to ensure findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Subsidiary Audit Committee as required.
- Collect, document and submit observations concerning fraud to the Audit Manager
- Carry out procedures as part of risk management audits as required
- Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Monitor practice and test controls, compliance with all policies and procedures
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Subsidiary and Regional Audit Manager and the Audit Committee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Internal Audit Officer job opportunity should have a University degree preferably in Finance and Accounting (BFA), Commerce and Accounting (B.Com). CIA/CPA/ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience of financial institutions / micro finance and banking Systems experience (preferred)
- Possess good report writing and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Word, Excel and Power point.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy
- High level of initiative and ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Proven ability to relate and communicate effectively
- Good team-player with excellent communication and listening skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 10th June 2016
NB: If you do not hear from us by 30th June 2016, consider your application unsuccessful
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline