Job Title: Examinations Officer - Agriculture Field
Organisation: Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer, Examinations Planning & Development
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Examinations Boards in Uganda whose mandate is to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
Job Summary: The Examinations Officer - Agriculture Field will implement the examination processes in the Planning and Development Department
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely inspect and collect data on institutions for Real Life projects and Industrial Training;
- Implement set standards and guidelines in execution of the examination process;
- Responsible for development, typesetting, moderation and proof reading of test items and the examination syllabi in relevant fields;
- Regularly verify continuous assessment marks/results of students from Examination Centres;
- Receive entry forms, compute examination fees and register students;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Examinations Officer vacancy should hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and any other related field from a recognised institution;
- A Certificate or Diploma in technical teacher education/certificate or diploma in vocational teacher instruction is an added advantage;
- At least two years’ experience in teaching in vocational/technical institutions/Tertiary Institution or world of work.
- Age: Between 25-40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates hand deliver three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of academic certificates, testimonials, transcripts and/or result slips; three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, names and addresses of two referees, a letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees. The Job title and Ref. No. should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. The documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes to the address indicated below;
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board,
Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda,
P. O. Box 1499, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline