Job Title: Fleet Manager
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Lubowa, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource & Administration Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Fleet Manager will be responsible for the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of company vehicles and other support vehicles to ensure the safe and economical usage of vehicles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the repair and maintenance schedule for all M-KOPA vehicles as per the M-KOPA vehicle policy.
- Ensure efficient fuel usage by monitoring fuel tracker, preparing periodic reports and recommending best practices for fuel usage.
- Plan/develop and execute a vehicle and equipment replacement schedule.
- Ensure driver adherence to M-KOPA driving policy by monitoring GPS trackers for speeding, erratic speeding excessive braking, etc. and implementing remedial action for poor driver behavior.
- Build and manage relationships between M-KOPA and outsourced vendor for vehicle leasing.
- Oversee and implement the driver performance management program for all M-KOPA drivers as per the M-KOPA Performance Management process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a valid commercial drivers’ license.
- At least three years’ working experience with two years in a supervisory role in fleet management.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and fleet management systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject “Fleet Manager” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 15th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline