Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a worldwide Christian partnership that operates over 135 aircraft from bases in more than 30 countries, serving about 2,500 destinations; these aircraft are used to enable aid and development agencies, missions, national churches and other local groups, seeing people physically and spiritually reformed. MAF in Uganda has 7 aircraft based at Kajjansi airfield, where our office also is located. The flight program supports the ministries of over 400 organisations serving in Uganda, Congo and South Sudan.
Job Summary: The Finance officer will assist the Finance Manager in financial monthly reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will carry out sales invoicing for the program;
- Prepare VAT returns and reconciliations for review and filing to URA;
- Carry out credit control and provide financial services to staff and customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a degree in accounting;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role;
- Partly or newly qualified professional qualification ACCA/CPA is desirable.
- Previous experience of working with computers, especially spreadsheets; and experience of working reliably with money is essential.
- Previous experience in working well with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- The applicant should work and live in accordance with the evangelical Christian beliefs of MAF.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of introduction and updated CV addressed to our HR Manager, Mrs. Ilonka Barendse, to email@example.com
Deadline: 24th June 2016
NB: Interviews for the position will take place in the week commencing 27th June, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline