Job Title: Finance Manager
Organization: CIC Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Co-operative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management Services. It is a pioneer and leader in Micro-insurance. The Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it International recognition.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for the overall financial reporting, cost control, budgeting, regulatory and statutory compliance, cash flow management, safeguarding the assets with an aim of attaining profitability for the subsidiary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review for adequacy operational and financial controls in the business (systems, processes and people) and recommend changes to the management;
- Review and file returns to the regulator and other statutory bodies on monthly, quarterly and yearly;
- Review the completeness of the asset register and confirm that it is in line with the company accounts;
- Confirm investment in company assets are within company investment policy statement and guided by the Insurance Act and advice the fund management monthly;
- Review management and financial reports for completeness and preparation of board papers on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
- Prepare and compile company budgets annually and analyse financial reports and report variance against budget on a monthly basis;
- Approve payments and check that all accounting transactions are posted to the correct cost centres;
- Coordinate external and internal audits;
- Manage cash flows, control costs and action on audit recommendations;
- Work closely with external stakeholders e.g. banks, Uganda Regulatory Authority, Uganda Revenue Authority towards enhancement of company operations.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department;
- Participate in various meeting and committees and acting as spokesperson on behalf of the company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or in a related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Professional Qualifications i.e. CPA (U/K), ACCA/CFA is mandatory
- At least eight (8) years’ relevant experience in a similar position, three (3) of which at supervisory level
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Knowledge of Business Environment
How to Apply:
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title. For example: Ref: Application for Finance Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 5th July 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 10th July, 2016 consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline