Job Title: Estates Officer - Civil Works
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Estates Supervisor
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Estates Officer - Civil Works will plan, coordinate and supervise civil works maintenance program and Bank’s outreach as per approved strategy and plans
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning, organizing and budgeting for all maintenance and repair works for the Bank Premises and equipment in line with the Bank policy, standards manufacturer’s quality specifications and prudential best practice.
- Adopt, coordinate, monitor and supervise the implementation of fit out works at Bank premises
- Regularly track all reported issues related to civil works and ensure that all maintenance Procedures of building and equipment are resolved in line with bank policy and best practice.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to- date register of all mechanical equipment in the bank, resolve issues related to maintenance Procedures of building and Equipment in line with bank policy and best practice.
- Assess solutions provided by third parties and recommend improvement in line with quality, cost, turnaround time or all.
- Actively participate in Identification of premises and equipment needs, support branches during the budgeting process and engage in designing of the Bank’s asset matrix to help in optimal usage of Bank assets.
- Participate in the evaluation exercise of goods, services and works as may be appointed by Tender Committee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Estates Officer - Civil Works job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil & Building Engineering.
- A minimum of three years in handling projects supervision and maintenance works in a large organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal customers and external customers.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders and drive implementation of various organisation wide projects.
- Good report writing skills
- Coordination abilities
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 1st July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline