Job Title: Community Development Assistant Education
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Child Sponsorship and Development Facilitator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Assistant Education will implement Education Quality Improvement Project Grant in a way that meets Ministry of Education, WVU and WVI standards; and facilitate planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of assigned ADP in a manner that meets the requirements and standards of technical programs in the Cluster.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of Integrated Programming for Child wellbeing:
- Effectively support integrated approach to Child Sponsorship programming.
- Responsible for the mobilization of communities, local organizations and institutions for project development and implementation.
- Provide accurate and timely variances explanations on Project over and under expenditures
- In charge of monitoring and track progress of project implementation
- Organize Project level forum assess progress of implementation of planned activities.
- Keenly monitor progress of project interventions against plans
- Organize review, reflection and learning forum for the project, community, local organizations and government.
- Documentation and sharing of project learning.
- Identify integration opportunities between Child Sponsorship and the education improvement project operations for work efficiency and Child Wellbeing.
- Make meaningful contribution in development of Key Cluster documents inclusive of Annual operating plan and Budgets.
- Make meaningful contribution in designing and redesign of Programmes as per Sponsorship guidelines and partnership Strategic direction.
- Identify the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work closely with local leaders to protect children with disability from child violations and abuses
- Sensitization of children in selected schools in disability and child protection.
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights, disability and responsibilities with a view to identify child violations.
- Report cases of child abuse in the programme area.
- Report cases of child incidents for follow up.
- Report on Project progress, celebrations, challenges and possible recommendations.
- Prepare timely and quality project report as per NO predetermined monthly reporting template.
- Provide feedback to the ADP overall reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Community Development Assistant Education employee should hold a University Degree in Education, Development studies, Social Sciences.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in project management and Implementation of education or disability projects
- Skills in Project management and implementation.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Competences in managing business process in large organizations.
- Must be able to present motor cycle riding license, class A.
- Must be fluent in applicable local Languages and English.
- Riding skills with a valid riding permit is a must.
- Computer literacy skills
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 4th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline