Job Title: Programme Support Officer
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world's poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Programme Support Officer will support the programme primarily in the following areas: report writing, proposal/concept note write-ups, supporting effective M&E systems and M&E activities in the programmes, write-ups of case studies and other relevant documentation for internal and external communications, supporting advocacy initiatives, knowledge management through overseeing electronic and hardcopy filing and archiving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reporting & Documentation:
- Update and oversee the Uganda Annual Reporting Template which includes HQ reports (annual, monthly, Accountability); Donor reports and Government of Uganda reports (annual returns and district reports)
- Work on various donor reports ensuring timely submission of good quality reports
- Work in liaison with PD and programmes personnel identify case studies that tell the story of our programmes and document in various media – written case studies, video, photographs and in formats appropriate to various audiences. e.g. donors, HQ education, intranet and publicity, advocacy targets etc
- Work in close collaboration with the Pader M+E officer, ensure that data collection and recording of Charity: Water activities is fit for purpose; including program management, donor reporting, evaluation of program activities and producing publicity material.
- Edit the annual report for circulation to peer organisations, government etc
2. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the PD in ensuring that Concern Uganda has an effective monitoring and evaluation system in line with Concern Worldwide policies and donor requirements.
- Support PMs in developing M&E plans for their programmes and supporting them in M&E activities.
- Provide technical and practical support for the implementation of the joint Concern- University of North Carolina/ Charity Water indicator initiative.
- Concern Uganda uses Digital Data Gathering Devices for surveys and information collection purposes. The PSO will have a key role in supporting programme teams in the use of data gathering devices and analysis of information.
- Assist in strengthening M&E through training staff in participatory monitoring tools and supporting monitoring events.
- Assist Programmes staff in the compilation & analysis of information for M&E and learning purposes
- Assist PMs in reviewing partners M&E practices and building partners M&E capacity as appropriate
3. Proposal Writing:
- As requested support PD and programme managers in the write-up of concept notes and proposals.
- Assist in ensuring timely submission of good quality proposals by administering proposal preparation time-frames, supporting personnel inputting on the submission, editing and write-ups and ensuring submission complies with format and administration requirements of the donor.
- Assisting the RWANU Director and CFC in annual PREP submission to USAID
- Work in liaison with the Desk Officer in extracting mini-proposals from master proposals for project sponsorship purposes.
4. Advocacy Support:
- Assist the programmes team in developing and rolling out the advocacy strategy for Concern Uganda.
- Preparation of information and analysis to support advocacy initiatives
- Assist in communications relating to advocacy initiatives.
5. Knowledge Management & Archiving:
- Keenly review and update the filing MAP on Kampala Programmes Folder and administer Shared Programmes Folder
- Administer the Filing of core documents (hard and soft)
- Support managers establish filing systems in each programme location
- Using CWW archiving guidelines lead on document archiving and disposal in collaboration with the Internal Auditor Uganda
- Work with the Desk Officer Dublin to ensure the Uganda country site is up to date
6. Management Support:
- Assist in the roll-out of Concern Uganda programmes operational management procedures which include annual Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), programme quarterly reviews, procurement plans, monthly report templates etc.
- Actively participate in country programmes meeting and assist in minute taking, writing up of annual country programme plan etc.
7. Other: Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Masters Level qualification In Development Studies or a related Social Sciences field
- Excellent analysis and English writing skills with the ability to write reports proposals to international donor standards.
- Very strong IT skills with qualification or high level of competence in computer applications in MS Office.
- Previous experience in working with data for analysis and communication purposes.
- Previous experience working in a similar role is desired
- Previous experience in communicating to a wide audience using a range of media.
- Self-motivated, highly organised and proactive.
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Empathy with Concern’s goals and a commitment to capacity building, protection and participation.
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Patience and a good sense of humour
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 8th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline