Job Title: Branch Manager
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 350,000 depositors and over 28,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will provide overall oversight of the branch in the operations of the bank by ensuring compliance to the laid down policies and procedures , business growth ,human resource management ,risk management ,customer service ,quality leadership as well as ensuring that staff are provided with the necessary working tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient people management at the Branch, manage performance and enforce the code of conduct
- Provide oversight over Bank assets and ensure proper usage of Bank assets
- The jobholder will grow the loan /portfolio.
- Grow the Savings portfolio.
- Grow the number of savings and loan customers
- Ensure a high quality loan portfolio.
- Grow the transactional income.
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to Audit, BCP, AML guidelines.
- Ensure good customer service.
- Review, consolidate, plan, control and monitor the annual and monthly branch budgets
- Ensure activity plans are developed and enforced
- Serve as the Chairperson in the Branch loan committees
- Plan and coordinate branch activities to ensure smooth flow of operations
- The incumbent will represent the Bank in the area of operation at corporate events and ensure to portray a good image.
- Ensure proper Cash management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance Trust Bank Branch Manager career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Accounting, Business Administration, social sciences or any other related discipline gained from a recognized university.
- A minimum of six (6) years working experience, two (2) of which must have been gained from a leadership / supervisory position in a financial institution. (Commercial banking experience will be an added advantage).
- Good sales & marketing skills
- Good leadership skills.
- Good personal presentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal & teamwork skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include; photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number to; Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe, P. O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 8th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline