Job Title: Corporate Communications Officer
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Corporate Communications Officer
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Corporate Communications Officer will be in charge of conducting corporate research, report-writing and disseminations. The jobholder will annually report on the implementation and review of the communication strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, write and disseminate press releases to targeted media on activities of REA.
- Prepare publications (Annual report, Newsletter, Investment guide and Business plan).
- Coordinate preparation of speeches, supplements for publication, promotional materials and corporate branding
- Organise corporate events like workshops, exhibitions and field visits
- Coordinate and update the website in collaboration with IT specialist
- The incumbent will coordinate mission visits, host strategic partners and prepare Staff motivation activities annually
- Coordinate partnerships and networking activities, joint sector review, energy week with related organizations
- Conduct any other duties assigned by the Principal Corporate Communications Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Corporate Communications Officer job opportunity should a good Bachelor’s (Hon) degree in Mass Communications and Journalism; Humanities
- At least four years’ relevant experience in a very busy entity.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline