Job Title: Assistant Program Officer
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: South-South Cooperation Phase 2 (SSCP2) Project
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: National Project Coordinator - SSCP2
The Government of Uganda (GoU) through the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), is going to implement the South-South Cooperation Phase 2 (SSCP2) Project. South-South Cooperation Project is a 2-year project to be implemented in selected districts in Uganda. The main objective of SSCP2 is to promote new Chinese Agricultural Technologies in the areas of Horticulture, Cereals, Livestock, Aquaculture and Crosscutting issues such as Agribusiness and Value Addition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the promotion market oriented agricultural production in Northern Uganda and new technologies in other parts of the country.
- Support the Project Coordinator to prepare detailed work plans, budgets and implementation frameworks for the projects.
- Follow-up implementation of the work plans
- The incumbent will manage and maintain the records of the projects
- Coordinate the arrangement of meetings and other undertakings by the projects
- Ensure smooth running of project activities including handling communications, welfare, and maintenance of project property.
- Prepare and submit reports to keep stakeholders informed
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor assigned by the project coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Ugandan in possession of an honors Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture or related science fields with a bias in Horticulture;
- The applicant should have two years’ experience in an agricultural related field is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency in MS Office computer packages
- A good team player with a self-drive to deliver the set project outputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-driven;
- Able to work and reside under field/rural conditions;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should fill public Service Form Three (Job Application Form) and submit to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Open Registry,
Deadline: 28th June 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline