Job Title: Assistant Financial & Economic Analyst
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Investment Planning & Promotion
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Assistant Financial & Economic Analyst will actively contribute to the achievement of the mandate of the Investment Planning & Promotion department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the preparation of feasibility studies for identified priority projects.
- Offer technical support to the Master Planning process for service territories and continuously update Service Territory Business Plans on an annual basis.
- Promote business approaches including low cost technologies to realize cost savings and bring services closer to sparsely populated areas.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of average costs of construction materials, average consumption patterns of the territories, average consultancy costs, tariffs charged, average costs of alternative energy sources.
- Participate in the preparation of TORS for Consultants for the under taking of feasibility studies.
- Handle coordination between ERA and Service Territory Concessionaires especially on issues related to tariffs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager Investment Planning & Promotion.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Assistant Financial & Economic Analyst career placement should a Honours Bachelor’s (honours) degree in Economics, Development Economics or Business Administration. A Master’s degree in relevant field shall be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a reputable organization doing a similar role.
- Proven ability to carryout energy demand forecasting, economic and financial feasibility assessment of the energy sector projects applicable to rural electrification.
- Knowledge of the use of statistical software for data analysis.
- Working knowledge of the energy sector and possession of experience in the preparation of energy sector feasibility studies.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline