Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Vegetable Oil Development Project Phase 2 (V0DP2)
Funding Source: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
The Vegetable Oil Development Project Phase 2 (V0DP2) is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) funded by IFAD and Government of Uganda (GOU). The V0DP2 goal is to contribute to sustainable poverty reduction in the project area. The Development objective is to increase the domestic production of vegetable oil and its’ by products, thus raising rural incomes for smallholder producers and ensuring the supply of affordable vegetable oil products to Ugandan consumers and neighboring regional markets. VODP2 has three components; the Oil palm Development Component, the Oilseeds Development Component and the Project Management Component. Through the project, Government of Uganda is investing in the development of oilseed crops (sunflower, soybean, sesame & groundnuts) value chains in fifty one districts in Eastern and Northern Uganda, and cultivation of oil palm in Kalangala and Buvuma Districts.
Job Summary: The jobholder will drive the staff to implement official project activities and to properly manage the office vehicle(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of driving the vehicle as required, ensuring the safety of its passengers and contents;
- Responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy;
- Keeping and having safe custody of the vehicle;
- Updating and maintaining the log book for duties at the work station and in the field;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Ugandan in possession of a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes including English Language;
- Hold a valid and clean Driving Permit,
- Working knowledge of defensive driving;
- Knowledge of mechanics is an added advantage;
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send sealed applications, curriculum vitae and copies of the academic documents should be submitted to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Open Registry, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Uganda. Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
Deadline: Tuesday 27th May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline