Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager IEC and Documentation
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Program Officer/ Information Communication and Technology will ensure smooth application and use of information Communications Technology (ICT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Training UWEP Staff:
- Identify computer training needs for staff of UWEP at National and District Levels.
- The jobholder will design and implement training modules and update manuals. Working with staff responsible for training to ensure all staff require adequate training in computer software, information systems storage and retrieval.
2. Systems Planning:
- In charge of the participation in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning.
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and evaluating bids.
- Test new equipment and applications and provide thorough feedback.
- Ensure that the hard ware and the software of both the National and District offices are updated and maintained at high standard.
3. Planning and Managing the Management Information System:
- Provide MIS trouble shooting.
- Ensure correct, appropriate and up to date information is available to UWEP for effective project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Plan and manage the MIS, its functions and procedures and ensure that the users enter data and use it accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the information within UWEP remains secure.
- Actively participate in developing procurement plans and specifications for all computer hardware and software.
4. Routine Administrative Tasks:
- Create and maintain inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment.
- In charge of maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Keenly monitor and report ICT expenses.
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs.
- Keep ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized.
- Perform any other duties assigned as may be to him/her from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Program Officer/ Information Communication and Technology vacancy should preferably hold an Honours Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information communication from a recognized University.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in MIS, in a medium to large organization with an active MIS system.
- Professional certification in Microsoft systems expert and Business Process Outsourcing is an added advantage.
- Competencies: Demonstrate knowledge of computer software and hardware, Interpersonal skills, Teamwork and Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline is 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline