Organization: QED Group, LLC
Project: USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Team Lead
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About USAID Project:
The USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (Learning Contract) is the five-year organizational program support vehicle through which USAID/Uganda will pursue realizing its development objectives within the complicated and shifting Ugandan development context. The purpose of the Learning Contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build capacity of USAID/Uganda to implement USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting methodology to strengthen the implementation of USAID/Uganda’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and enhance USAID’s organizational effectiveness.
Job Summary: The Senior M&E Specialist-Economic Growth & Food Security will report to, and support the M&E team lead in overseeing and ensure the successful provision of M&E and learning services to USAID/Uganda. The primary responsibilities of the Senior M&E Specialist – Economic Growth /Food Security (EG/FS) is to provide M&E, analytical and sectoral technical assistance in the areas of economic growth, food security, natural resource management, private sector, biodiversity and climate change. All deliverables must be submitted to the M&E team lead, not the client, unless otherwise directed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review and guide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (MELPs) development process by implementing partners (IPs) to strengthen their M, E&L systems.
· The incumbent will support the design and assessment of M, E&L systems and capabilities of economic growth & food security IPs.
· Oversee DO M & activities and liaise with the Organizational Learning / Knowledge Management team to integrate learning activities.
· Aggregate and analyze Performance Reporting System (PRS) sector data, to support Mission portfolio reviews and reporting (Performance Plan and Report (PPR) and other routine reporting) requirements.
· Offer independent verification of performance data reported by IPs through monitoring, assessment, and evaluation of USAID/Uganda programs.
· Work in liaison with EG/FS IPs to ensure timely and accurate reporting of PRS data.
· The incumbent will review and guide in drafting scopes of work and reports for evaluations and assessments; and manage implementation of evaluations and assessments.
· Regularly review and guide production and submittal of technical reports and other deliverables.
· Help scope requests for evaluations, assessments, cost-benefit analyses, proofs of concept, and other “on demand” services with USAID.
· Offer direction on the use of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods; and other M&E methodologies as required implementing partners and Mission.
· Assess the mission’s progress towards achieving its Development Objectives (DOs) by using Mission and project-level Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) data to review actual results against Results Frameworks.
· Plan and support implementation of Data Quality Assessment (DQA) with a view to understanding and verifying the validity of data provided by EG/FS IPs.
· Offer M&E technical support and training to economic growth & food security IPs in order raise the profile and understanding of M, E&L and the principle of “Managing for Results” to improve program implementation and programmatic and resource decision-making.
· Use performance management best practices and the data collected through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations as well as learning reviews, after action reviews and other learning modalities to assist in the development and maintenance of a knowledge and performance management system that enhances the Mission’s capacity to respond in a timely fashion to diverse information requests from internal and external stakeholders, including Mission management, USAID/Washington, the U.S. Embassy in Uganda, Congress, and audit agencies.
· The incumbent will support the M&E team lead with outreach and engagement with the private sector, Government of Uganda and other donors, as required.
· Support in the drafting, editing, and implementation of annual work-plans and other project internal tools as required.
· Perform other tasks from time to time as required and agreed upon by the M&E Team Lead.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Senior M&E Specialist Economic Growth & Food Security should preferably hold a Master’s Degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, economics, agriculture, natural resource management, social science, bio statistics, statistics, or a related field is required.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience supervising monitoring, evaluation and research efforts, preferably with respect to economic growth, agricultural production and natural resource management.
· The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
· Computer skills using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, STATA or SPSS) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
· Prior experience in contemporary M&E will be added advantage
· Knowledge in systems change
· Complexity aware monitoring
· Skills in collaboration and learning
· Knowledge of most significant change
· Skills in outcome mapping
· Skills in outcome harvesting
· Ugandan national preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their CV, Cover letter and Bio Data Form, download here, expressing interest to this E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “ATTN: Senior M&E Specialist Economic Growth and Food Security.
Deadline: 13th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline