Job Title: Transport & Logistics Officer
Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/16/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Transport & Logistics Officer will drive office vehicles for transporting of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail documents and other items
- Collect and deliver mail and other communications from and to government agencies and other institutions
- The incumbent will maintain the assigned vehicle, renew the road license and insurances, perform minor repairs and ensure vehicle is kept clean
- Check the logging official trips, daily mileages, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing etc. in the log books
- Ensure that in an event of an accident, the organisations rules and regulations are followed
- Conduct outdoor messenger duties
- Assist in office duties like photocopying, checking for and sending post office mails
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Transport & Logistics Officer career placement should hold an O-Level certificate with a valid driving permit; training in defensive driving is an added advantage
- At least three years of driving experience
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours with long hours and in difficult terrain
- Ability to speak English and a local language
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline