Job Title: Sub-Grants Manager
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Sub-Grants Manager will manage subcontracts to local organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Grantees to complete legal incorporation, System for Award Management registrations, and dedicated bank accounts for grant funds.
- Work with grantees to prepare and complete their cost proposals during the application process to ensure compliance with USAID and Abt financial rules and regulations.
- Regularly analyze the monthly financial reports of each grant, including:
- In charge of checking the supporting documentation of each grant report (invoices, receipts, quotations, etc.);
- Providing and reconciling grants bank statements for each monthly/quarterly report;
- Responsible for verifying that monthly spending and cumulative spending is consistent with the approved budget for each grant; and
- In charge of confirming that the counterpart report complies with the general budget of the project.
- Draft a monthly report for the Finance & Administration Director which analyses the monthly reports of all grants and provides recommendations and observations to improve grant performance.
- Provide accounting and finance support to grants through site visits and scheduled meetings; visit field sites on a regular basis to monitor financial-related activities.
- Work closely with technical team to monitor and validate required counterpart contribution by grantees.
- Develop and maintain a project control system which tracks the status and progress of ongoing grant activities supported by the project.
- Develop and manage a database (physical and electronic files) to maintain information on the selection process, contracts, contract modifications and reports for all grants.
- Responsible for grant monitoring and capacity building of recipients in the following areas wherever applicable: Internal control procedures, Allowable costs/cost principles under USAID regulations, Cash management systems, Equipment and Real Property Management, Period of availability of funds, Procurement standards, Program Income, Reporting.
- Prepare inputs for contract reporting and planning (work planning, quarterly progress reports, M&E planning, etc.).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Sub-Grants Manager vacancy should possess a Bachelor’s Degree (minimum), or a Master’s Degree (preferred), in Business, Management, Finance, Administration, or other related field.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience managing the financial and administrative components of grants, grants-under-contract, subcontracts, preferably in donor-funded programs in the health sector.
- Specific experience with USAID contracting and grant mechanisms, with demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial and management systems, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline