Job Title: Stores and Lab Controller
Organisation: Med-Optics Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Med-Optics Ltd is a private company that was established in 2002 to provide quality ophthalmic and Optical services. Over the last 14 years, Med-Optics has established itself as the top and preferred provider of quality ophthalmic services in Uganda. Our patients can always be assured of quality eye care with attention to detail and follow up to ensure patient satisfaction. We are contracted to serve various insurance patients: UAP, Jubilee, ICEA, IHN, AON, CASE Medcare and Nakasero Health Insurance.
Job Summary: The Stores and Lab Controller will supervise, control and coordinate activities of the stores and the lab in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Stock Control and Management:
- Regularly monitor availability and plan the stocking of lenses, frames, monomer and other stock items.
- Keenly review all stock purchase requisitions; follow through to purchase order and delivery.
- Ensure that all deliveries are as per PR/PO and follow up on resolution of differences.
- Guide the stores team on the best practice for storing and maintaining stock.
- Resolve any storage issues and product issues for stock
- Co-ordinate between different store locations on availability of stock and guide redistribution accordingly as need may be.
- Ensure a well maintained store¡¦s inventory system ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain a traceable document control/filing system.
- Regularly review inventory counts, investigate various and present reports.
- Keenly monitor and ensure proper working of internal controls related to stores and the lab.
2. Lens production and Glazing:
- Supervise the lens production process and ensure proper accountability for monomer.
- Ensure proper job planning, glazing and fitting by lab technicians
- Ensure timely delivery of jobs as per company guidelines and policies.
- Attend to all laboratory needs and ensure availability and proper maintenance of equipment and instruments.
- Attend to and resolve all quality related issues.
- Ensure proper accountability for all stores and laboratory related sales.
- Keenly review inventory counts, investigate variances and present reports.
- Prepare other reports as may be required from time to time by the operations manager.
4. Working Capital Management:
- Manage debt collections of the store and Lab within the specified periods as prescribed in the company policy.
- Manage stocks and stock levels and holdings.
5. People Management:
- Manage performance of the stores and lab team to ensure regular appraisals and feedback sessions.
- Understand and address the training needs of the team.
- Ensure discipline within the team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and Level 2 ACCA/CPA.
- A minimum of two years’ experience at supervisory level with proficiency in different accounting packages like QuickBooks, Sage Pastel, and Tally.
- Up to date with analysis tools.
- Able to lead and supervise.
- Able to adhere to principles and values.
- Able to analyze.
- Able to plan and organize.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t attach any other documents; it is not a requirement at this point.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the 15th June, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline