Job Title: Program Director
Organisation: Brick by Brick
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Uganda Executive Director, Brick by Brick Partners (USA) Executive Director
Brick by Brick Uganda is a small but innovative bi-national organization which has been operating in Rakai District since 2003. Our main offices are located in Masaka Town. Our Mission is to create partnerships that improve education, health and economic opportunity for the communities we serve. We have been working with rural communities rebuilding crumbling Universal Primary Education schools, identifying critical needs in water, sanitation and health delivery and developing a cooperative work plan addressing these problems.
Job Summary: The Program Director will provide for the management and oversight of all programs and projects implemented by Brick by Brick Uganda. The incumbent will also manage the monitoring and evaluation of all programs and projects implemented by Brick by Brick Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the Program Directors/Coordinators of each program develop, update and monitor the progress of the respective program work plans.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Program Directors/Coordinators of each program develop and approve budgets for each of Brick by Brick Uganda’s programs.
- Develop agenda for weekly staff meeting to regularly monitor progress on program activities and coordinate staff schedules for the coming week.
- Chair weekly staff meeting
- Work in liaison with the Program Directors/Coordinators to ensure implementation of program work plans and M&E plans
- Provide oversight and support for Program Directors and Coordinators in fulfilling their program objectives and deliverables.
- Review and provide feedback to Program Directors/Coordinators on quarterly program progress reports and ensure delivery of final report.
- Prepare and submit Brick by Brick Uganda quarterly program progress report (encompassing all programs) to Brick by Brick Uganda and Brick by Brick Partners Executive Directors
- Attend weekly meeting with Brick by Brick Partners Executive Director to review status and progress of program activities and deliverables
- Prepare and deliver annual report on Brick by Brick Uganda’s programs
- Meet monthly with Brick by Brick Uganda Finance and Administration Manager to review program expenditures and budget.
- Work in liaison with the Brick by Brick Uganda Finance and Administration Manager, Brick by Brick Partners Treasurer and Brick by Brick Partners Executive Director prepare annual budget for the fiscal year (Jan-Dec).
- Lead interview committees for the hiring of new employees.
- Orient and train new staff hires.
- Prepare presentations and represent Brick by Brick Uganda at national, regional and international meetings as required.
- Provide logistic support for and host national and international visitors to our Masaka and/or Kalisizo offices as well as program sites.
- Provide logistic support for Brick by Brick Interns, both national and international as well as Peace Corp volunteers.
- Coordinate regular postings on Brick by Brick social media platforms and Brick by Brick website blog
- Attend Brick by Brick Uganda Board of Directors Annual Meeting and serve as recording secretary in order to maintain records
- Submit minutes of above meeting within ten working days to the Brick by Brick Uganda and Brick by Brick Partners Executive Directors
- Network with potential community and national stakeholders on as needed basis.
- Meet with potential organizational partners when delegated by the Executive Director.
- Assist in organizational fundraising duties and/or grant writing as delegated by the Executive Director.
- The Program Manager may be assigned to perform duties at any time for Brick by Brick Uganda not specified in this job description but relevant for the development of Brick by Brick Uganda and meeting its mission, vision and objectives. The position of program coordinator requires flexibility to assume required tasks as needed.
- As a representative of the organization, the Program Manager will be expected to conduct him/herself in an exemplary fashion. All duties must be in accord with the Brick by Brick Uganda Code of Conduct and performed in an ethical and forthright manner as expected of a Ugandan professional.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work, Social Administration, Business Administration (Majoring in Management) or equivalent, Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in program management.
- One year of experience in engaging with district stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a diverse, multicultural team, international team.
- Work experience in Uganda preferred.
- Must have strong decision making abilities especially in crisis under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of various project management computer applications , as well as Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Skype.
- Must have strong speaking and presentation skills.
- Previous experience in working with upcountry stations.
- Fluent in both spoken and written Luganda and English. Fluency in other Ugandan local languages is a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via email to Jacqueline Kalembe at: email@example.com, with an updated CV, cover letter, attach certified copies of academic certificates with their receipts and details of three contactable referee. Please include in the subject line: Program Director. Applicants from Uganda are strongly preferred.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline