Job Title: Procurement Manager - Arabica Coffee
Organisation: Olam Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager-Coffee
Olam Uganda Ltd is a subsidiary of Olam International which is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, supplying various products across 16 platforms in 70 countries.
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager - Arabica Coffee will be responsible for the entire procurement operation of Arabica Coffee; from forecasting, negotiations with suppliers, contracting and accurate and timely bookkeeping.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the design, implement and manage Arabica Coffee procurement strategy.
- Assess local market conditions and identify procurement opportunities and develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans.
- Implement required infrastructure to drive/deliver volumes and quality
- The incumbent will optimize utilization of processing and quality resources to derive maximum capacity utilization/efficiencies.
- Build, maintain and strengthen strategic networks, adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Credit Risk, stock Management and ensuring strict adherence to all the laid down systems and procedures without exception.
- Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets.
- Manage/eliminate controllable losses and minimize the impact of non-controllable losses.
- Carry out market intelligence, confirm currency hedging requirements and stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- Manage the performance, development and motivation of staff under supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a graduate in a business related degree. Possession of a Post graduate in management is desired.
- Seven years of managerial experience in Arabica Coffee procurement, quality parameters and Cupping is a requirement.
- Ability to work and travel upcountry, leading a large procurement team.
- Project management experience and Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability knowledge is an added advantage.
- Very good commercial bent of mind and outcome oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in Managing Buying Agents and farmers.
- Ability to communicate m Bantu local language will be an advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV to; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send an updated CV and don’t attach academic documents. The attachments should not exceed 2 MBs.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline