Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Programme Coordinator
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be tasked with monitoring and evaluating the performance of the UWEP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work closely with casework staff, to establish, and then periodically review, clearly defined and measurable outputs and outcomes for the Programme.
- Work with the project teams, and Information technology to establish, and then periodically review, systems for capturing data that allow progress against the agreed outcomes to be measured.
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative surveying that provides information in addition to that captured by casework teams, as required.
- Set the standard of data capture required within the Programme, and ensure that casework staff are capturing the required data and consistently meeting the data quality standards.
- Responsible for commissioning research and evaluation work from third parties when required, and to manage this relationship with such organisations or academic departments to ensure that the work meets a set of pre-agreed objectives.
- Take lead in the commissioning and management of external evaluators or research teams for the programme.
2. Presenting analysis and production of reports:
- Keenly analyse the data generated by the monitoring and evaluation process, and then produce and present management information to senior management
- Take the lead in producing data and analysis on the impact of UWEP work to be included in the Annual Report, and any other impact reports, that is suitable for a variety of internal and external audiences.
3. Research in relation to policy and practice:
- Research and provide regular internal briefings on developments in policy and practice as it relates to any of the work that UWEP undertakes.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the National Programme Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/ Statistics/Development Studies/ Social Science from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Master degree in any of the above disciplines.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in monitoring and evaluation
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Familiarity with the Log Frame Approach in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of quantitative as well as qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Competencies: Proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis, Program design and M&E plan development, Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations; Interpersonal skills and managerial capacity, Concern for quality and standards, communicating effectively and project management. Computer Literacy is a must.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline is 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline