Job Title: Manager, Sales and Marketing
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client, a leading business in the Hospitality industry
Job Summary: The Manager, Sales and Marketing will primarily be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Marketing Function:
- Develop and implement marketing strategic plan
- Prepare the annual marketing budget
- Control the marketing expenditure
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure that the business stays ahead in the local market
- Develop, implement and monitor creative local marketing channels, including social media
- Manage and update content on the websites
- Designing, conducting and coordinating market intelligence
- Regularly analyze market activity, growth trends
2. Sales Function:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans
- Guide the sales team on implementation of plans
- In charge of training staff on up selling, suggestive and cross selling skills
- Ensure that marketing aids like fliers are put in strategic places like tables, virtual displays
- Networking and generating leads for the sales team
- In charge of tracking and reporting of sales made
3. Customer Relations:
- Develop and implement a vibrant client retention strategy (Vibrant recovery system)
- Collaborate with other departments to create an exceptional customer experience and ensure that a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained.
3. Work in liaison with the Client Relations Officer:
- The incumbent will clean up/ maintain client database
- Serve as the main point of contact for VIP customers and ensure the restaurant staff is fully briefed on their requirements.
- Build and strengthen working relationships with customers in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively.
- Build a B2B database for tailored CRM implementation
- Produce accurate and timely departmental reports to senior management
- Champion brand initiatives to improve on the bottom line
- Develop and implement in-house marketing and sales training for all staff
- Other general responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be graduates with degrees or postgraduate qualifications in a relevant subject such as marketing or business are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of four to five years’ experience in sales and marketing.
- High business acumen.
- Communication proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Good leadership and presentation skills.
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- Strategic thinking.
- Technical capacity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 10th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline