Job Title: Manager Compliance
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 16880
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager Compliance will support and assist the Stanbic Bank Board and Senior Management to discharge their accountability for compliance risk management and compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. People Management:
- Support and maintain strong team dynamics and culture.
- The incumbent will interact with the each Business Unit (‘BU’), Africa Compliance and other Group structures to ensure co-ordination and effective management of compliance processes.
2. Regulatory Universe:
- Provide input to the respective BU(s) Regulatory Universes and the Bank’s overall Regulatory Universe.
- Provide technical assistance to the BU(s) in the completion and / or maintenance of BU specific Regulatory Universes.
3. Compliance Risk Management Plans (CRMPs):
- Ensure in conjunction with the BU(s) that specific CRMPs are developed.
- Ensure there are customised CRMP’s for all high risk legislation pertinent to the BU(s) and in line with the compliance plans for the year.
- Keenly analyse and identify compliance risks, processes & controls and provide advice to management, relevant committees, within the BU(s) and the embedded business risk management function and employees, in order to effectively manage compliance issues.
- The incumbent will attend and participate in the Bank’s relevant committees, meetings, business processes and initiatives to ensure that any compliance requirements are appropriately considered.
5. Reputational Risk: Safeguard the reputational risk of the Bank by ensuring the BU(s) supports the Reputational Risk standard and related reputational risk policies & procedures
- Ensure that BU specific compliance monitoring plans are developed and track progress
- Monitor (on an on-going basis) in conjunction with the BU(s) and the Combined Assurance structure, the adherence to the Compliance Governance-, legal- and regulatory standards in order to identify further areas of improvement and detect significant compliance breaches and exposure
7. Compliance Manuals, Standards, Policies/Procedures & Training:
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and alignment of the Banks Compliance Manual.
- Assists, as and when required, in the development drafting and updating of policies and related training programmes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager Compliance career placement should hold a Post graduate qualification at Masters level in a relevant field or Professional course.
- Compliance certification will be an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in financial services, of which three years in Compliance
- Broad knowledge and understanding of legal issues and the ability to interpret legislation.
- Exposure to monitoring principles
- Exposure to providing training / public speaking
- Comprehensive understanding of the regulatory and business environment of the private and retail banking industry.
- Solid understanding of the BU(s) needs and ability to translate them into risk management solutions
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline