Job Title: Management Accountant
Organisation: BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
About BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd:
BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operation in Uganda coveringl 10 districts through 136 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un served and underserved, now with over 160,000 borrowing clients, over 100Bn loan book with 99.3% recovery rate, operationally and financially self-sustaining.
Job Summary: The Management Accountant will offer support in the preparation, developme and analysis of key financial information to ensure that BRAC’s management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual management accounts of high quality for management decision making.
- The incumbent will drive revenue by analyzing sales revenue.
- Ensure that all regulatory reports are submitted in time.
- Guide on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Carry out statistical, cost and financial analysis of the financial reports and data and prepare recommendations for the budget adjustments.
- Conduct comprehensive studies to identify inefficiencies and improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Ensure compliance to regulators, audit and Bl.
- The incumbent will take lead in advising the implementation of changes for the good of the company.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual operational budgets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and finance
- A minimum of three years of working as a supervisor, good knowledge of micro-finance operations
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copy applications should be sent to:
HR & Training Manager-BRAC Uganda Microfinance,
Plot 90 Busingiri Zone, off Entebbe Road, Nyanama,
P.O. Box 31817 Kampala Uganda
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline