Job Title: Legal Officer
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206, Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will offer legal advisory services and counsel to National Drug Authority (NDA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice in respect of compliance with the National Drug Policy and Authority Act
- Guide and provide legal advice to staff in other departments on the operationalization of the NDP/ A Act.
- Provide advice in respect of other legal corporate matters and ensuring compliance with any other Laws of Uganda.
- Provide technical input in the development and implementation of enforcement and investigation procedures.
- Actively participate in the review of existing legislation governing the operations of NDA and advise on areas for amendment.
- In charge of drafting legal documents and other legal correspondences.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The National Drug Authority (NDA) Legal Officer should hold an honor's Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position in a reputable organization
- Excellent analytical, reporting and communication skills.
- High personal integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent Legal drafting skills are desired
- Working knowledge of the Laws of Uganda and those governing NDA is desired
- Basic knowledge of Laws governing regional and international regulatory practices.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten or or electronically application letters with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts, contact addresses and day time telephone numbers of three (3) work related referees; should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 46-48 Lumumba Avenue,
P O Box 23096,
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline