Job Title: Head of Finance and Administration
Organisation: Build Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director, IDI
Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 j districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa is currently implementing a number of projects from different donors.
Job Summary: The Head of Finance and Administration will assist Build Africa Uganda’s support services to include Finance, administration & ICT. The incumbent will also be responsible for the disbursement of donor and BAU funds ensuring strict compliance with all financial and budgetary procedures; it will also be responsible for compliance to donor/ BAU procurement and logistics policy. As a member of BAU’s senior management team, the post holder will play a key role in the overall leadership and direction of Build Africa Uganda, acting as a role model for staff. An essential requirement for the role is to work with the Country Ditector to define and provide regular reporting suitable for senior management at BAU and BAUK. The Head of Finance and Administration although an employee of BAU, operates within the context of the Build Africa international setup. He/ she is therefore required to work collaboratively with the Director of Finance & Resources BAUK in developing standardized, uniform and effective financial procedures and controls across Build Africa. The incumbent will also work closely with programme staff, whether in Kampala or the field offices, to ensure that all financial transactions and controls are guided by a strong understanding of BAU's programme operations. The jobholder will play the advisory role to management and Board on financial and tax issues as well as leading on finance staff development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor of commerce or related accounting degree from a recognised University
- The applicant should hold full professional accounting qualifications e.g. ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- At least five years' experience with an NGO in Accountancy, Financial Management, Audit and Procurement.
- The applicant should be person of high integrity who will model BAU’s core values.
- Previous experience in a senior finance role within an International NGO is desirable
- Significant experience of using a mid-range accounting software e.g. Dynamics Navision or SUN accounts.
- Budgeting, budgetary control, and audit skills.
- Procurement and administration management.
- Works well with staff, even those that they do not directly supervise.
- A client orientation to service provision.
- Good team player, flexible, and able to contribute significantly to the dynamics of the senior management team.
- A proactive approach, able to see opportunities for improvements and to suggest ideas
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with particular emphasis on planning, working to tight deadlines, providing training, facilitating capacity building and supervising team activities
- Team leader experience essential; proven staff management skills including on the job training and systems development
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills including budget and report writing experience
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV/resume which should include your contact information and three professional referees, state your current salary and expectations. Send to;
The Human Resources Officer, Kampala or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physically submit applications to the address below;
Build Africa Uganda- Kampala (Head Office), Plot 431 & 424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road, P.O Box 7224 Kampala. Tel 0414 267828
Build Africa Uganda- Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road,
P.O. Box 350 Kumi. Tel 0392 769648
Build Africa Uganda- Masindi, Plot 2 Kabalega Crescent,
P.O. Box 66 Masindi. Tel 0465420171
Deadline: 13th May, 2016 by 1:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline