Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Renders support in managing the day-to-day and long-term maintenance of Watoto facility assigned.
- Runs service calls, repair plumbing, electric, mechanical, carpentry and various types of equipment repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor items affecting (or potentially affecting) proper and safe operation of equipment.
- The incumbent develops appropriate plans in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor and contract out jobs as need and budgeted.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Supervisor to schedule necessary services.
- Keeps the Facilities storage areas organized and clean and assist in packing away materials, equipment and tools received. Keep the tools room organized and clean.
- Maintains proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures and schematics.
- Maintain the proper electronic recordkeeping of maintenance updates, orders etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministries Maintenance Assistant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Electrical Engineering or a certificate in Electrical Installation
- Two years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrician’s trade.
- Working knowledge of applicable electrical maintenance codes.
- Skills in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of the relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Maintenance Assistant Candidate - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 27th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline