Job Title: Documentation and Securities Officer
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Documentation and Securities Manager
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Documentation and Securities Officer will primarily ensure the perfection of all securities held as collateral, coordinate the registration and safe custody of securities, drafting of Bank facility letters and legal documents and preparing of reports on the securities status.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review non-complex credit files received from ARMs to ensure Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance which enhances prevention of bank fraud, and confirm accuracy of legal documents originating from the business streams and carry out timely audit of securities before drawdown of facilities
- Process, review and ensure timely preparation of draft banking facility letters, legal documentation and perfection of securities from approval of credit application and attachments like Board Resolutions under turnaround time of 4 working hours from time of receipt of approved credit applications.
- Carry out a quarterly security file audits to ensure that all active files are up to date and that obsolete documents are transferred to and safely kept in an obsolete file and no missing securities.
- Clear backlog in liaison with the credit clerk to ensure that all the outstanding Bank facilities are duly secured.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Documentation and Securities Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law with broad working knowledge of the principles and practice of banking acquired through professional qualifications or a university degree and at least two years banking experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles governing Banking & Corporate Law, Land Law, Mortgages and Leasing, among others.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for perfection of security documentation
- Bank Credit policies
- Working knowledge of underwriting standards and good working knowledge of the operations of other departments
- Broad working knowledge of Consumer Banking and Development & Institutional Banking lending and different products offered
- Effective communication, good interpersonal and research skills.
- Self-motivation and result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions as and when required.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good supervisory and management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 24th May 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 7th June 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline