Job Title: Credit Administrator
Organisation: Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Loans and Scholarships
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) is a body Corporate established by an Act of Parliament, number 2 of 2014, to provide both Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan Students to pursue Higher Education. The objective of the Loan Scheme is to increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda and also support qualified students who may not afford the cost of Higher Education.
Job Summary: The Credit Administrator will provide overall administrative support to the Lending Team in order to achieve the Board’s targeted disbursements and effective monitoring and control of the portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will update all students’ records and data into the Integrated Loan Management System.
- Enter all students’ data with regard to credit referencing bureau system and take record of Student's National Identification Numbers.
- In charge of the verification of student’s data and subsequent loan application to ensure that they comply with all the requirements as per Credit Reference Bureau .
- Keep track and update record of the loan protection fund.
- Prepare and submit regular reports for risk and compliance to observe the credit risk policies.
- Report on the loan portfolio on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the process of loan recovery.
- Work closely with the department of credit reference to compile monthly performance reports on individual students regarding status of their outstanding loan obligations.
- Maintain the students’ loans and recoveries ledgers.
- Maintain a proper filing system for HESFB records on loan portfolio management.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by the Manger loans and scholarships.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Credit Administrator should preferably hold an Honors degree in any of the following; Business Administration, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Social sciences, Statistics & Management.
- Two years’ experience in a Lending Operations.
- Practical experience in dealing with Credit Reference Bureau (enrolment, data entry & reporting).
- Working knowledge and understanding of a lending operation
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Credit Reference Bureau guidelines.
- Previous experience in portfolio monitoring and reporting.
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal relationships.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, updated CVs and three referees to the address below;
Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB),
Plot 1, Lourdel Road,
Lourdel Towers 7th Floor, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 16810 Wandegeya, Kampala. Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31st May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline