Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Equity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Ref: EBUL 01/2016
About Equity Bank:
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modem, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 9 million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will support the management in developing and implementing the Bank’s strategic financial objectives, ensure effective internal controls and compliance with financial reporting standards & other regulatory requirements. The jobholder will ensure that proper Accounts and Records of the Banks Assets, Liabilities, Operations and Transactions are maintained as well as provide financial advisory support to the business through MIS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation of management accounts and reports
- Revenue and cost management by ensuring maximum returns on loan-able funds, improve generation and collection of non-interest based revenue and ensure value for money for any costs incurred.
- Budget formulation, implementation and control by managing all costs within the budget and taking corrective measures to ensure budget revenue is realized
- The incumbent will also ensure efficient financial management and reporting through timely preparation and submission of financial management reports and providing a timely and relevant feedback for effective decision making to all stakeholders.
- Oversee the effective deployment and optimization of the Bank’s physical assets
- Overseeing and running accounts payables and thereby ensuring adequate authorization and validation of all the invoices before commitment of costs and/or payment.
- In charge of all other operations in the finance department such as maintaining the General Ledger, the Bank's Fixed Assets register and review and /or reconcile all the banks accounts.
- Participation in Management committees such as Exco, Alco, Credit and Risk as well as
- Finance department meetings.
- Coordinate the External audit and ensure the engagements are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct Training, Coaching and performance reviews for the finance team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Equity Bank Audit Manager job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related business field and professional qualification in Accounting. Possession of a postgraduate degree in a Business related field will be an added advantage
- Seven or more years of progressive relevant post-qualification experience in Finance or Audit, preferably in banking/ financial institutions or commercial environment; of which three years must have been in managing a finance team/department
- Ability and past exposure to formulation and execution of strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, ability to attend to detail
- Significant exposure to Risk Management
How to Apply:
If you believe you are interested in joining the banking sector at Equity Bank, please send your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials quoting the Job Title or Ref. No. (Check at the Top of Advert) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to post to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Equity Bank (U) Ltd,
P.O. Box 10184 Kampala
Deadline: 9th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline