Job Title: Base Administrator
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Base Administrator will handle all responsibilities related to finance and Human Resources in accordance with the ACF standards at Adjumani Base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cash Management & Bank
- Responsible for finance at base level by ensuring the respect of ACF finance procedures related to cash management and bank transactions,
- Make payments, advances and transfers, ONLY if the payment /Cash request/Purchase Order has previously been duly approved by the Head of Base,
- Ensure that all advances are cleared within 48 hours and no advances are outstanding at the end of the month. ,
- Record all the transactions on SAGA. The cashbook should be updated on a daily basis to be able to deal with cash control at any time and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for making follow-ups on advances and transfers & keep all bills in the folder relative to the specific month.
- Ensure each transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent number, stamp, description, date, amount etc) including the procurement file.
- Cash Projection:
- Support the Head of Base in preparation and compilation of the needs of each department,
- Control with the Head of Base and Base Logistician that the purchase order forms are properly filled in with correct budget codes, and are properly recorded and followed up until payment,
- Ensure the good quality of SAGA: entries, budget, budget lines…
- Submit weekly monthly accountancy every Friday and monthly closure to Kampala Assistant Finance Coordinator at the end of the month,
- Organize a checkup session of budget lines with the Program Managers,
- Send to Kampala Finance the monthly saga report: saga backup, the signed cash control, list of advances outstanding, originals of all receipts attached to the procurement file. In case some documents are missing, a short explanatory note should be joined,
- Check compliance with purchasing procedures: Comply with purchasing procedures upon remitting advances and inform the logistics department of purchasing procedures and of data required on the invoices.
2. HR Duties:
- Regulations and procedures: Ensure implementation and respect of ACF staff regulations at the Base level, make sure they are well understood plus ensuring that all grievances are first discussed with the Head of Base, staff’s direct supervisor and after reported to HR Coordinator
- Administrative follow up of the staff:
- Keep the database on staff updated: make sure all documents in the local employees’ individual files and check that all files are complete,
- Organize the process of recruitment with the Program Managers and participate in the interviews,
- Prepare employment contracts and send to Kampala all the documents for the employee’s personal file. Make sure no one takes a position before signing the contract. Request ID for new staff.
- Follow up of staff contract: keep a list of end-of-contract dates for the base’s employees, discuss with Program Managers about renewal or not
- Follow up of staff related to workmen’s compensation and NSSF, prepare and remit PAYE, NSSF & LST in the specified periods and preparing accident reports at work plus taking necessary steps in case of death or to end a contract.
- Follow up of rental contract: Ensure all rental vehicles and premises have a valid contract and that any changes in contract are notified in writing (including salary increments). Send to Kampala for signature by AFC,
- Staff Salary data:
- Ensure the coherence and respect of salary scale at base level,
- Prepare monthly salary database and forward to Kampala,
- Make sure all exceptional advances, loans to staff are reimbursed within the time frame,
- Annual leave:
- Update monthly follow-up of annual leave & sick leave,
- Submit annual leave requests (for the number of days accrued) to the Head of Base, if the Direct supervisor has signed it,
- Make sure supervisors fill annual leave planner.
- Supervision of office & guest house staff: As direct supervisor of Cleaner and guest house staff (cook, cleaners), make sure they have a Job Description, organize their work and annual leave, evaluate them and crosschecking their purchases.
- Filing: Maintain proper filing systems for all documents related to Administration in the base: staff, rental contracts, service contracts, correspondence
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should ideally hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of word processor, Spreadsheet, SAGA etc
- Excellent knowledge in Human Resource Management
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive-demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: email@example.com mentioning Base Administrator in the subject line.
Deadline: 6th May 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline