Job Title: Senior Planning Officer
Organisation: Kabale University (KAB)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Kabale University (KAB) was established as a not-for-profit community institution in 2002 and it has transformed from a private into a public University. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution, enjoying the status of being the first ever institution of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public - and having been granted a Charter - the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Job Summary: The Senior Planning Officer will provide professional leadership in the Development, Monitoring and Evaluation of University Policies, plans and budgets in line with the University Strategic Plan and the National Development Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly analyses strategic plan options to guide the University in determining investment priorities and resources allocation.
- Offers technical support to the academic and technical departments in determining priority interventions and costing necessary for the academic and physical development of the University
- The jobholder formulates and facilitates the implementation of the recurrent and development budgets of the University
- Provides technical guidance and support to the University departments in planning activities and budget preparations
- The Senior Planning Officer establishes, develops, reviews and maintains an appropriate system suitable for data collection, monitoring and evaluation of the University's Physical and academic development programmes and projects
- Manages the review of the Strategic plans
- Maintains a comprehensive database on the Staff, Students and other resources of the University
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Senior Planning Officer vacancy should hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Project Planning and Management, Educational Planning and related fields from a recognized Institution.
- At least six years’ experience as a Planner/Economist/ Statistician, of which three years should have been at senior level in reputable organisation
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, with copies of detailed typed Curriculum Vitae, giving full details of applicants’ education and qualifications, work experience, present salary, postal and telephone contacts, names and telephone contacts of three referees, and copies of transcripts and certificates, should be sent to:
The University Secretary
P.O Box 317 Kabale, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline