Job Title: Senior Environmental Health Officer
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Senior Environmental Health Officer will be managing WASH software sustainability activities, working closely with communities and in collaboration with local government. The incumbent will provide oversight support to Environmental Health Officers to implement project activities and support monitoring, reporting and documentation of project activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health/Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in planning and implementation of environmental health activities, particularly in rural settings.
- Broad working knowledge on best practices in water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Familiarity with participatory methodologies of hygiene and sanitation promotion, research, training and facilitation skills required.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required; Luo is desirable.
- Possession of a motorbike permit (Class A) is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (max 4 pages) with day time phone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of email or address hard copies to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599, Kampala. Uganda. Call 0392 702937
Deadline: 29th April 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline