Job Title: Real Estate Programme Associate
Organization: Bridge International Academies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Real Estate Manager
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Real Estate Programme Associate will be responsible for the following:
1. Administrative (70%)
- In charge of monitoring of new plots submitted through the GIS system;
- Thorough vetting of completion documents required for Land acquisition and leasing in Uganda, including land searches, relevant maps, rates, rents and taxes, succession procedures e.t.c. and following up on missing documentation.
- Ensure proper due diligence is carried out by REAs with regard to Ugandan Land Policies and the existing Land Regimes/tenure systems.
- Handling Real Estate requisitions and working with the Real Estate team in Uganda to ensure effective and timely reconciliations with HQ.
- Handle all correspondence between the Field staff , development Managers and HQ.
- Responsible for proper filing and documentation.
- In charge of data verification for Real Estate in Uganda.
- Portfolio management of Real Estate deals in Uganda.
2. Co-ordination (30%)
- Management of each team members daily work plan in the Real Estate team.
- Offer timely support to field staff.
- Coordinating surveys in Uganda including evaluation of cadastral and topographical surveys with the Real Estate Manager
- Coordinate planning by ensuring the building plans and all necessary documentation is properly done and dispatched to field staff.
3. Others: The Real Estate Programme Associate may be called upon at any time to provide similar administrative, monitoring, coordinating, and reporting support (as described above) to any of the Development Managers in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a High Diploma or University degree
- A minimum of two years of professional experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- Comfortable working using mapping technologies such GIS
- Ability to sort through extensive information quickly
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to learn, master, and implement various processes quickly and accurately
- Aptitude for learning new IT systems/applications
- Willing to work across a wide spectrum of content (multiple programmes)
- Good at multi-tasking
- Willing and skilled at performing administrative
- Willingness to work beyond the regular work hours, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays if and when needed.
Personality Profile: The right hire for this position is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. This person has a strict code of integrity, and would never cheat. The right hire isn’t trying to get out of the office every day at 5, because that is when work “should” end, but wants to stay as long as it takes to get the work needed for the day, or for the week done. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the Real Estate team even more successful.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy are encouraged to send their updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 29th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline