Job Title: Project Manager
Organization: South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Micro-finance and Business Development Advisor
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL) evolved from Busia Private Sector Promotion Centre, which was established in 1998 by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a GoU/UNDP programme which ended in 2002. We target Vulnerable Households with interventions including; Livelihoods, Education, Child Protection, Health, Water and Sanitation. We also build the capacities of the Private Sector through trainings, mentorship and on job coaching. In Partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), we will be implementing two OVC projects; Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) and DREAMS in Wakiso and Gomba Districts.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will take lead of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for identifying and addressing the socio-economic needs of poor people. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall administrative and technical management of project activities, ensuring the project meets its objectives and targets. The PM develops operational plans, monitors their execution, and prepares periodic project performance reports
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and coordination of SOCY project activities:
- Develop annual operational plans in line with PSP and SILC methodology and over see their implementation
- Represent the project and the entire SEPSPEL to the Districts and in other forums
- Organize and schedule project staff and other relevant stakeholders and also liaising and coordinating with the district officials in line with the project.
- Responsible for developing monthly activity plans and overseeing their implementation
2. Ensure quality in project implementation:
- Mapping project areas and define Field officers/Agents’ operating areas
- Carrying out spot checks on District supervisors, field agents and SILC groups in the field
- Providing technical assistance and backstopping to field supervisors and agents during implementation of their field activities.
- In charge of analyzing MIS reports and translate them into management decisions to improve the program
- Supporting the formation of SILC(VSLA) groups
- Overseeing field agent certification and PSP (Private Service Providers) launches
3. Staff Supervision and Development:
- Carrying out staff training needs assessment
- Coordinating staff trainings
- Approve and monitor individual staff work plans
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of all project activities
- Compiling an updated monthly monitoring schedule for all the groups formed by field agents
- Managing annual staff appraisals in collaboration with the HR Focal point person.
4. Documentation and reporting on project activities:
- Ensuring field supervisors and field agents submit timely, complete and accurate reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparation and submission of project work plans and reports regularly.
- In charge of the documentation of project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration, Microfinance or any other related field. Possession of a post graduate training in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience and practical knowledge of micro-finance and community based micro financing approaches,
- Previous experience with USAID funded projects for vulnerable communities will be of advantage.
- Proven ability to provide technical support to SILC groups ,groups engaged in Income Generating activities and youth groups
- Adequate knowledge on community market access initiatives and marketable skills development.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid motorcycle permit
- Age: Between 25-35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include the following documentation:
- Application letter clearly specifying the position, salary history and duty station
- Updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Copies of certified Academic Transcripts and any relevant trainings
- Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Address your application to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Limited (SEPSPEL)
Plot 10 Ogoola Road,
P.O. Box 62 Busia, Uganda.
Hand deliver your application to any of the SEPSPEL offices below:
- Jinja office: Gabula Road opposite Crisis Pregnancy Centre
- Bugiri Office, near Gilgal Guest House
- Iganga Regional office, Kaliro Road near Sterling Construction offices/Mutukula Market
- Busia head Office, opposite Madibira P/S.
OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and include all documents in one attachment.
Deadline: 19th April, 2016 by 2.00 PM (East Africa standard time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline