Job Title: Payroll & Payment Officer
Organization: IMK Business Consultants
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IMK Business Consultants (IMK) is a Business management consulting firm offering practical and feasible business solutions. IMK operates regionally in four East African countries namely; Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya and Rwanda; with other occasional consultancies made world over to our clients in Europe and other parts of the world. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of Talent, HR and Business development services by ensuring quality work to our clients and having experienced competent professionals with the best practical tailor made solutions/training skills to our important asset-THE CLIENT. We value our engagements with our clients with the highest level of honesty and integrity. IMK Business Consultants would like to recruit for a valuable client, one of the leading insurance and financial services company in the region.
Job Summary: The Payroll & Payment Officer will effectively implement and manage Human Capital shared services so as to realize overall business goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Compliance & Audit:
- Interpretation of policies and procedures in order to ensure compliance.
- Obtain successful audit ratings area of operations.
- Ensure that payroll issues raised in the departmental audits are addressed.
2. Payroll & Taxation: (Payroll controller)
- Quality Assurance and Payroll Calendar Controls
- Payroll management for expatriate staff with liaison with EY.
- Payroll Management responsibilities (staff, local authorities and 3rd party payments)
- Payroll Finance responsibilities (recons, balancing, account clearing, provisioning, accruals and related reporting)
- Continuous Improvement Champion
- Query Resolution
- Ensure timely remittance of related statutory deductions & returns.
- Timely Statutory Returns submission
- In charge of monthly, quarterly & yearly reports on payroll analysis.
- Fringe benefit tax computation.
- Monthly and quarterly returns to URA for PAYE
- Legislative and Exco Reporting.
- Consolidate the Bank’s budgets and ensure that Business Units adhere to budgets (headcount and costs)
- Provide analysis/explanation on actual and Budget variances.
- In charge of checking on payroll inputs by the payroll administrator
- Manage Organizations Structures, Maintain positions and Organization units.
- Be the Organization Management Champion
Medical & Insurance:
- Monitoring the banks Medical scheme by updating and advising on the new joiners and exits.
- Managing/responding to issues arising from medical and insurance.
- Manage Employee Memberships
- Administer employee benefits
- Monitoring the Banks Pension fund by updating and advising on the new joiners and exits (Pension Administration).
- Preparing related payments and advises.
- Organizing logistics for pension trustee meeting.
- Create staff awareness on counseling services as well as be the liaison with our counseling service provider.
- Act as the primary liaison with health service providers to ensure they offer good service to staff.
- Advise staff on welfare matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Payroll & Payment Officer career opportunity should hold a Degree in Human Resources Management or a business related field.
- Possession of a Post graduate diploma in Human Resources
- A minimum of three years’ Human Capital generalist experience, preferably in HC Shared Services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Payroll.
- Staff Benefits administration
- Human Capitals policies, labor legislation and practices.
- HC Shared services procedures.
- Human Capital budgeting concepts.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their personal suitability statement, copies of academic transcripts/certificates and a detailed CV to: The Recruitment Manager, IMK Business Consultants, P.O. Box 35090 Kampala, Uganda or via email to email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include specify the position title as subject of the E-mail.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for future related jobs openings.
Deadline: 30th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline