Job Title: Manager
Organisation: Uganda Golf Club
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Golf Club is located in the heart of Kampala, the perfect place for those who love the game of golf and the benefits of a members club. Enjoying time on the "19th hole" with friends is often the best part of the day. There is always fun to be had at Uganda Golf Club with weekly events including club night and ladies night. On weekends, members and their guests play in social and corporate events.
Job Summary: The Manager is responsible for steering the development and execution of the Club's long term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value. The Manager’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Club’s long and short term plans. The Manager acts as a direct liaison between the Board and Management of the Club and communicates to the Board on behalf of Management Committee. The Manager also communicates on behalf of the Club to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the game of golf in all its facets.
- Take lead, in conjunction with management committee, the development of the Club's strategy.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of the club's long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- The incumbent will also ensure the club is appropriately organized and staffed to enable it to achieve the approved strategy.
- Ensure that expenditures of the Club are within the authorised annual budget and work plans of the Club.
- Ensure the Club has an effective enterprise-wide risk management environment.
- Ensure that the Club maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Stay abreast with all material undertakings and activities of the Club and all material external factors affecting the Club and that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the Manager and Management of the Club are adequately informed.
- Ensure that the Management and Trustees are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the same to enable them to form appropriate judgments.
- Ensure the integrity of all public disclosure by the Club.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline.
- At least five years progressive experience in management of complex organisations including knowledge of retail services as well as planning and coordination of promotional activities.
- Golf Club management and golf course operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven success in business management.
- Strong financial, marketing and administration skills.
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of golf club management (Or similar related organisation)
- Ability to interact with members and visitors.
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications together with updated CVs including names of three (3) referees with daytime telephone contact to:
The Hon. Secretary,
Uganda Golf Club,
Plot 30 - 32 Yusuf Lule Road,
P. O. Box 624, Kampala - Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Deadline: 30th April 2016 by 5.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline