Job Title: M&E Manager
Organisation: Altai Consulting
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Altai Consulting is a strategy, research, technical assistance and monitoring & evaluation firm that focuses on the developing world. Since our creation in 2003, we have successfully completed over 350 consulting and research assignments in Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia. Our clients include major international private sector actors, governments, international organizations (the United Nations, the World Bank, etc.), implementers and INGOs looking for both technical expertise and high level strategy advice.
Job Summary: The M&E Manager will be responsible for designing complex M&E methodologies as well as for managing field teams and delivering robust analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and clear and concise reports. The M&E Manager will be charged with designing complex M&E methodologies as well as for managing field teams and delivering robust analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Charged with designing complex M&E frameworks, methodologies and corresponding tools Managing field teams: international and local consultants
- Data cleaning and verification Data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Report writing Preparing and delivering presentations
- Technical capacity building of team members, client, and/or beneficiaries
- In charge of client management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Masters’ degree or higher in international development or related field (required)
- The applicant must have taken one college level Statistics course within last 10 years
- The applicants should have at least five years’ experience in international development M&E
- Five years’ experience in conducting M&E in one or several of the following thematic areas: human development (e.g. education, health, etc.); humanitarian assistance; economic development; governance and security; climate change
- Five or more years’ experience operating in developing and/or fragile countries, with a preference for candidates with experience in East Africa
- Extensive experience working and managing activities and interpersonal relationships in challenging political and physical environments
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, including prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines
- Previous experience working on DFID funded projects/programmes is desired
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, ODK, etc. must be proven
- Must be available for relocation
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively at every level (verbal and written), from donors, to government representatives to local Expat and national staff
- Excellent ability giving presentation to diverse audiences and stakeholders in challenging environments
- Proven experience writing policy papers, assessments, and/or strategic recommendations that require deep analytical capacity
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- The ideal candidates must be willing to be based in East Africa and travel to fragile environments to conduct research and perform quality assurance checks.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to Daniel Skillings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline