Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organization: RTI International
Project Name: USAID Literacy Achievement and Retention Activity Program (LARA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID LARA Program:
The Literacy Achievement and Retention Activity is a five-year USAID activity that supports the Ministry of Education Science Technology and Sports (MoESTS), Government of Uganda’s aim of improving early grade reading outcomes and enhancing safe school environments for children in primary grades utilizing EGR curriculum and methodologies. LARA is expanding the curriculum and methodologies developed and rolled out in SHRP districts to an additional 28 districts and will work with partners to improve reading skills in three local languages (Luganda, Runyoro/ Rutoro, Runyankole/ Rukiga) and English for early primary grades.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will render support in the management, organization, storage and access of monitoring data. The position is also expected to provide administrative support to the MoESTS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in efforts to gather primary and secondary data required by the program. This includes working with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and other program staff to organize and implement school level data collection activities, participation in EGRA and ensuring that the program has access to the most updated version of EMIS data
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to provide technical support to staff on effective use of monitoring tools and effective data management
- Work in liaison with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop data collection tools and databases that are appropriate to the program data needs and reporting requirements
- Enter data (for example training attendance, Support Supervision data, and school level data) into spread sheets and other external databases like TraiNet and Performance Reporting Systems and ensure that entered data is checked against transcription errors including duplicate and missing data
- Develop a data tracking system which documents delivery and receipt of data sent from the field to avoid delay or loss of data in transmission
- Actively facilitate seamless analysis of performance data through data cleaning, organization, aggregation, and any other changes that might be made to raw data before it is analyzed
- Take part in timely reporting of PMP indicator data through provision of required data
- Ensure proper filing and storage of data source documents and protection of digitized data from any external manipulation
- Participate in internal data quality monitoring checks like site visits (for example to schools), triangulation and comparing of source and entered data for consistency
- Provide office support to MoESTS office and this includes organizing logistics for meetings at the ministry, taking minutes of meetings, registration of meeting attendees, sending communications pertaining program activities to ministry officials as well as photocopying handouts and other key program documents as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID LARA Project Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy skills i.e. knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs including three work related referees and cover letters to the Human Resource Manager by e-mail to email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 20th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline