Job Title: Financial Aid Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Aid Officer
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
In 2004, the Government of Uganda granted a charter to Uganda Christian University – the highest level of national accreditation. UCU was the first private University to receive such a charter from the Government.
Job Summary: The Financial Aid Assistant will support the Financial Aid Office in communicating with students, donors, and University offices (especially Accounts, Academics, and Faculties) and maintain records. The person will be responsible for administration of student sponsorships through maintaining data, meeting with students, and facilitating communication
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that sponsors, students, and UCU offices all have consistent information to allow sponsored students to study, and to assure that sponsors are fulfilling their obligations.
- Assist in managing databases and spreadsheets of students, donors, and University records
- Plan meetings, follow-up with members, communicate afterward
- Manage Work Study and other awards, including application, selection, placement, and follow-up.
- Manage Work Study students and program implementation including selection, crediting students, and evaluation of program
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Financial Aid Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree (2:1) from a reorganized institute of higher learning.
- A minimum of two years’ experience performing similar tasks.
- Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and be able to manage programs and tasks without being reminded
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be good at record keeping and financial calculations
- The applicant must be a committed and practicing Christian.
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references i.e. academic, leadership and pastoral. Please attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: 6th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline