Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Vacancy Number: AFOD-U-VA21/2016
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD)-Uganda is a national NGO, registered with Uganda national NGO board and is mandated to support the government of Uganda in delivery of adolescent sexual reproductive health (ASRH), maternal and child nutrition (MCN), child protection, creating community resilience in food security, and research both in humanitarian and development programmes. AFOD Uganda with a fully-fledged office in Kampala and field office in Adjumani district is now starting programme implementation in Adjumani district to strengthen adolescent sexual reproductive health activities among refugees and host populations in Mungula I, II and Mireyi settlements in collaboration with district health office and other health partners.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide professional and technical contribution to project accounting and financial procedures and controls including management of petty cash, and reporting at field level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure petty cash transactions are correctly checked, process cash & cheque payments and ensuring disbursement, replenishments and maintenance of related records.
- Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports, vouchers etc and reconciling data for recurring or special reports.
- Ensure correct selection and entry of data from a variety of documents/sources, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making required calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepare regular and recurring reports as scheduled and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons as required.
- Guide and assist staff including consultants on all aspects of entitlements, allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculate and process payments due for claims and services.
- Initiate correspondences to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Ensure active liaison with local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and any other matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Carrying out all bank correspondences including withdrawals, updating Bank Mandates and Letters of advice, preparation of Journals relating to imprest, advanced & payments made and receiving and banking all receipts in favor of AFOD.
- Work closely with suppliers for invoice payments (in time) and having all stalled cheques written back and record properly kept.
- Prepare cost estimates, advances schedule, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required.
- Mobilization of office supplies and managing day-to-day office operations.
- In charge of processing visa, work permit for expatriate staff (when necessary)
- Conducting travel booking
- Managing staff contract files
- Work closely with Labour office for relevant policies and staff recruitment issues etc
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance and Administrative Assistant job opportunity should hold a University degree Finance or Accounts, B. Com, Business accounting, Business Administration ACCA is and added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of proven programmatic financial experience
- Previous experience in both emergency and development financial management
- Prior experience of working in integrated programmes with multiple donors.
- Previous exposure and experience in managing budgets from different donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and planning skills;
- Willingness to travel to field sites.
- Language: Fluent in English and other common local languages an added advantage. Previous experience in Non-governmental organization or the private sector is a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with updated CVs in English and motivation letters; quoting the vacancy reference number (check top of advert) to the address below;
Human Resource Officer,
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD), Uganda
Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Minister’s Village, Ntinda,
P.O. BOX 11003 Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline