Job Title: Director Finance
Organization: National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) was established under “The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001” for regulating and guiding the establishment and management of institutions of higher learning, regulating the quality of higher education, equating of qualifications and for advising government on higher education issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director Finance heads the Finance Department;
- Plans and directs all activities within the Finance Department;
- Prepares, documents and presents annual budgets for NCHE to the appropriate forum;
- The incumbent devises strategies on how to solicit funds for NCHE;
- Administers and controls NCHE funds;
- Publishes any such material of financial nature e.g. financial statements;
- Guides the Executive and Deputy Executive Directors on all matters of a financial nature.
- Keenly review of HE Institution Annual Financial Reports;
- Supervises the Staff of the Finance Department
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Departmental budget reports;
- Work activity plans;
- Departmental evaluation reports showing targets achieved;
- Documented developmental and fund raising strategies;
- Annual budgets;
- Adequate fund management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Masters’ degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognized university;
- The jobholder should be a Chartered Accountant;
- At least five years’ experience of financial management in a reputable institution of which three are at a Senior Position;
- ICT literate, with knowledge of at least one Accounting Package
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of financial management in higher education institutions is desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send seven sealed copies of: an application letter; an up-to-date and detailed CV including names and contacts of three credible referees; copies of academic qualifications; and any other relevant documents. Applications should be submitted during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm) to: The Executive Director, National Council for Higher Education, Plot 34 Cavers Crescent, P.O. Box 76, Kyambogo Uganda, East Africa.
Deadline: 6th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline