Job Title: Branch Manager (3 Job Positions)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Arua, Kabale and Nebbi, Uganda
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will be responsible for developing the Branch strategic plans and oversee their implementation; ensuring resources are in place to achieve budgeted performance targets and monitoring overall performance against these.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in the implementation of the core programs of URCS at the Branch (First Aid and Blood Donor Recruitment )
- Responsible for Volunteer and membership management at the Branch.
- Provide governance support to the Branch Governing Board at the Branch.
- Offer technical support in the preparation of Branch monthly, quarterly and annual program plans, budgets and reports in accordance with URCS guidelines and donor requirements.
- Develop and review systems for monitoring and evaluating the development and implementation of Branch projects in line with URC institutional development strategies.
- Coordinate and monitor the documentation and reporting in all projects.
- Work closely with the District Local Governments and other relevant organizations in all aspects of Development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Branch Manager job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, Education, Business Administration or any relevant field
- Possession of Post Graduate training / Master’s Degree in Project Management, Community Development, Education, Health etc.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in programme development.
- Significant experience in a management position will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of capacity building and organization development for member based associations
- Working knowledge of Monitoring & evaluation
- Familiarity with Programme Development, Planning and Budgeting, Networking & Stakeholder management, Knowledge management, Documentation, information management, and Reporting
- Skilled in performance management, institutional capacity assessment & development, training and development
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office applications, word, excel, PowerPoint, Spread sheets
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strategic Management Skills
- People management skills – team building and delegation
- Excellent analytical skills
- High degree of Diplomacy and Confidentiality
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong documentation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 18th April 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline