Organisation: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Northern and Western Regions, Uganda
Reports to: Service Provider In-Charge
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to promote high quality, high-impact and gender sensitive Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights information and services through capacity building, specialized service delivery, issue specific advocacy and strategic partnerships.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Technician will provide laboratory services at RHU service delivery points to compliment clinical services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process specimens, and help diagnose conditions and release quality and timely laboratory results
- Manage and maintain laboratory equipment and reagents in accordance with laboratory standards
- The incumbent will refer clients or specimens to relevant partner agendas as necessary
- Plan for and maintain adequate stock of laboratory reagents and equipment
- Offer technical advice on how to improve laboratory services
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in Laboratory Science Technology.
- At least two years’ experience in providing laboratory services for a wide range of conditions. Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of laboratory service provision.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure,
- Willingness to coach and build task oriented teams.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to either post or hand-deliver a letter of application with certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant certificates plus contact addresses (e-mail) of three referees (including day time telephone numbers) to: The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 15th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline