Job Title: Research Associate
Organization: Center for Integrated Research and Community Development Uganda (CIRCODU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, R&D Department
Center for Integrated Research and Community Development Uganda, CIRCODU is a non-profit organization that promotes health awareness, sustainable energy resource use and environment conservation by integrating research and development. Our vision is a healthy environment and strong research capacity for sustainable community development. Founded in 2006, the Centre brings expertise and professionalism in research, Training and project development driven towards the growth and development of local communities in Uganda and the region. So far, activities of CIRCODU have largely focused on promotion of uptake of efficient energy technologies. CIRCODU is a Regional Knowledge and Testing Centre under the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (GACC).
Job Summary: The Research Associate will facilitate the process of building on the above successes to be more involved in improvement of livelihoods of local communities through planning and implementation of sustainable development projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The research assistant will lead the proposal writing processes, particularly, review of literature relevant to the proposal drafting of the proposal and identifying relevant granting opportunities.
- The RA will also keep the R&D department abreast with latest granting information in the thematic areas stipulated by the department.
- The RA will also assist in any related tasks as may be assigned by the Head, R&D.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a University degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or a field in the Natural Sciences
- Significant experience (at least 2 yrs) in a project planning and development, research associate, postgraduate research or research analyst role.
- Excellent competency in statistics is desirable
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities
- Excellent written and spoken English abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet deadlines and in a multicultural setting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to: the Secretary General, CIRCODU, and post or deliver their application package (cover letter, academic documents and other supporting documents) marked as "Application for RA 001/2014" to the following address:
The Office Administrator CIRCODU Plot 395, Nanfumbambi Road Makerere West, Kikoni P.O. Box 16340, Wandegeya, Kampala, Uganda Phone: 0704931646; 0773806901
Deadline: 24th January 2014