Job Title: IT Auditor
Organisation: Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. (BOA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. is part of Groupe Bank Of Africa (BOA) comprising 16 Commercial Banks, 3 Leasing Companies, 2 Investment Companies, a Stock Brokerage Company, an Asset Management Company and a Mortgage Bank. It spans 15 African countries and France, employing over 5,000 people. BOA believes in Transparency, Expertise, Proximity and Responsibility.
Job Summary: The IT Auditor will aid Bank of Africa in planning and conducting regular IT audits of the Bank’s internal controls, operations, risk management and governance processes and report matters to Head of Internal Audit for further action.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lend a hand to the Head of Internal Audit to develop the IT Audit plan as part of the Annual Audit Programme.
- Develop appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified IT risks and achieving the desired audit objectives to provide assurance that IT risks are effectively managed or mitigated.
- Performs all assigned audits including planning, evaluating and documenting the results, reporting and follow up in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Acutely prepare clear and concise audit reports on audit findings, detected non-compliance with bank policies, guidelines, statutory requirements and procedures for discussion with management, and the Head of Internal Audit before final reports are issued for corrective action.
- Periodically engage the Regional IT audit: In liaison with Head of Internal Audit, do as to develop a comprehensive assessment of IT risks at assigned Bank of Africa regional banks, plan and conduct IT audits accordingly.
- Follow up on all IT issues arising from audits and other inspections and secure compliance with the agreed recommendations within the relevant time frame.
- Conduct investigations into reported frauds and forgeries as may be assigned.
- Oversee the Internal Audit Department to effectively optimise the use of TeamMate audit software by providing internal support services to all users when necessary.
- Exercise due professional care in performing audit work, including reviewing operating efficiency and making recommendations for cost reductions and earnings improvement.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or a related field
- Addtional professional CISA or CISM and other related Professional Certification in ICT Audit or Risk Management
- At least three to five years’ ICT Audit experience, or experience reviewing and advancing ICT Security in a Financial environment
- Good understanding of Audit processes and working tools
- Prior experience and technical knowledge in the ICT areas of Networks, Databases, Operating Systems and Computer Applications, Projects, Change Management etc
- Good working knowledge of accounting is added advantage
- High Business acumen
- Excellent Planning skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with ability to influence people across the Bank
- Good Team ethic