Job Title: Hotel General Manager
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Board
Job Summary: The General Manager will be responsible to manage property operations on a day to day basis to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/cost control for a new 4-star hotel in Entebbe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates, directs and manages the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
· The ideal candidate would have experience managing a 4 Star hotel, be excellent at Sales and Marketing and driving revenue, be an all-round excellent manager of people and systems, controls and budgets, must have a stable background.
· The applicant must be passionate about the industry and guest service, must have a positive attitude and the ability to motivate and inspire staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should possess a University Degree in Hospitality and tourism industry
· The job holder must have at least ten years related hospitality management experience.
· Possess the ability to read and speak the English language and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Basic working knowledge of computers and software including ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
How to Apply:
All candidates must send a cover letter and resume with references expressing interest and attach copies of testimonials, certificates etc. and send to: The Manager, P.O. Box 613 Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 10th January 2014